Dogs and cats living together...MASS HYSTERIA!

Yesterday, I felt a little shell shocked...it was a bad day.
I woke up to find all the new vegetables I had spent weeks growing from seeds and just transplanted into the garden were dug up by the neighborhood cat using the plant bed as a litterbox. I got one e-mail and a phonecall saying "Thanks for applying but.."
rejection for 2 jobs I wanted. I spent 3 hours shopping for and not finding one stinkin' lantern I need to match the others I'm using for my Sister's wedding arbor I'm building. An afternoon meeting about a job I've commited to next week has brought extra work I need to start on this weekend. A huge SUV decided to make a left turn in front of me with no warning, I drove into the curb to avoid hitting it and shredded my tire in the process. As the SUV just drove away with no concern, I discovered I had no tire iron to put my spare on with, glad I'm a AAA club member. Getting home later, I was feeling pretty angry at the world.

Just then I hear the 2 kid's next door playing in their backyard, 6 year old Tim and 3 year old Anna. Tim yelled "Who ya going to call?" Anna replied "Ghostbusters!"
They repeated this over and over again running around.

Inbetween countless repeats of the one verse from Ray Parker Jr.'s song. Tim would yell "Get down! watch out! Beyew! Beyew! Beyew!" It sounded to me that the unlicensed nuclear powered proton packs were in use!
I started laughing...because I wanted to play Ghostbusters too!

Well needless to say, I realized how petty my day's issues were and I put "Ghostbusters" on DVD and had a nice end to my Friday afternoon.

You want to own Ghostbuster's gear like I always wanted to...especially the Ghostmobile. I found these original plans for the Ecto 1 and complete detailed fan made plans for building a proton pack online.

The web still amazes me for finding this kind of odd but cool research. Check out these sites;
http://www.ecto-web.org/~spookcentral/ecto1_blueprints.gif http://gbparts.danawheels.net/pack.html

So as I put these plans in my "stuff I'd love to make one day" file. I going to think about how to make a giant stay puft marshmallow man for next years' halloween lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment