The Dodger Stadium Police Concert


Last Saturday... my brother Ted, his girlfriend Leia, my sister Megan, her husband Paul, my future sister in law Stefania and I went to the Police reunion show at Dodger Stadium.

We left early expecting crowds. Ted knew a super secret back roads quick route. Sure enough we got there fast. So fast and early... the parking lot entrance guy looked surprised to see us.


Leia had secured the tickets through her work along with good parking...




This made Ted happy...




Our small "tailgate" party started along with old stories from Paul...




Ted's girlfriend Leia is great but young. I often discover she is in need of "pop culture" education before N'Sync.




Group picture time. Stefania, always the activist...





There was a moment of panic finding the tickets....





Just before we went inside... a group photo. I wore my RISD shirt in honor of the Police concert Ted and I last saw in Providence, RI 84'...





I'm now a good law abiding citizen and left my camera behind (according to the "no cameras" warning on the ticket) afraid it would be taken away as happened at another concert a few years back. Of course, no one checked my pockets going in, so I could of brought it in. I want to believe if had it in my pocket, I would of been busted (Murphy's law).

The concert was great. The Foo Fighters opened the show and they rocked! I could post crap camera phone pics like this one....




But thanks to other people I can actually post crappy video from "youtube" of the show we saw...




Ted sat next to me. When the crowd (and us) chanted "OOO eee yo... eee YAY YO" we both put an arm around each other in memory. In that brief chorus, it was the Providence Civic Center again in 1984 ... a nice moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment