A Christmas 2007 memory

Why does a 5 year old abuse her slow moving, Jabba the Hut-esque, 300 pound uncle when he is lazy and tired from holiday fun? Then again, why does she abuse her slow moving, Jabba the Hut-esque, 300 pound uncle at any time?

After a long Christmas day opening gifts and feasting... I was a beached whale on the couch drinking coffee.

You become a prime target for the never ending energy of Devin especially when looking weak and helpless. A thousand and one new toys surrounded her but she chose to decorate my hair late on Christmas day.

I was patient but it soon got out of hand.

I want to let her creative spirit grow. I will always support her art but she went crazy!

I became just an art installation to her. I was blinded by liberal use of tinsel and garland. Endless yards of ribbon knotted my hair...


My only critique... the hat made from tissue and a gift box was so last year.

Devin must learn that "less is more" sometimes.

Dismantling her creation was torture. As you can see in the below video, Uncle Ted's pep rally did not help things at all. Moments of pain did not however disturb my sloth like couch position...

2 comments:

  1. You're like the human version of the theory:
    "The box is waaay more interesting than the gift."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply love the term "Jabba the Hut-esque"
    I giggle every time I think it!

    Stefanie
    http://sweatersurgery.blogspot.com/
    http://craftside.blogspot.com/
    http://www.crafttvweekly.com/
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

    ReplyDelete